Saturday 2 November 2013

Waiting to move to 'Little Ireland'

Yesterday spring arrived with sunshine, increased pollen count and a slight breeze. Spring appears to have gone already as I sit on the couch this morning, and knowing that this was likely to occur, Rohan and I took the chance yesterday to jump on the bike and head out towards what will hopefully be our new 'hood.

First stop was Mount Buninyong where we wound our way up towards the top of the mountain to survey the vast expanses of land before us.






Looking out towards Mount Warrenheip we tried to pick out the organic farm who will hopefully be our neighbours and the row of pine trees that signify what will hopefully be our own little patch of dirt. I keep saying 'hopefully' as we still haven't signed those pesky contracts yet, although the agent is still convinced that the sale is going ahead as planned and that the vendors are happy with the slight tweaks to the contract. So all being well, come mid-December we will be able to stroll through the gates of the new place.









 Rohan enjoying the view!




Back down at ground level, we zoomed around back roads (finding a shortcut to uni that is only about 5 mins drive - no more tackling main road traffic for me if this goes ahead!). We pulled up at the site of the old Navigators Railway station, just near the turn-off with the beautiful old bluestone bridge where we could learn a bit more about the (hopefully!) new 'hood. I was delighted to see that so many Irish people had been attracted to this area that it was called 'Little Ireland'. See - I knew there was a reason I wanted to come live here!

The bridge itself is very cute and from our journey yesterday we discovered that it was built in 1860 - a nice landmark on the road to our (hopefully) new place!


All this thinking of Ireland has got me coming up with names for the new pad - I've got one in mind, but I might wait until the ink is dry on contracts before I reveal that. In the meantime - fingers crossed!

1 comment: